Here is a really helpful article from TVO Parents giving some advice on educational shows to help children understand the concepts of money at a young age.
All TVOKids shows and game are based upon Ontario elementary school curriculum, making it your one-stop-shop for digital tools to support your child’s learning. Be sure to check out the hundreds of shows, games and apps TVOKids has to help you help your child succeed in school and in life.
- Carney The Coin Counting Cat Your kids can learn their coins and practice counting with this TVOKids show aimed at preschoolers.
- Tumbleweed Shops School-aged kids can learn about how far money goes watching Tumbleweed go on a shopping spree.
- Learning Decimals Teacher Troy teaches kids all about decimals in money numbers in this video lesson.
- Learn to Count This online game helps kids learn how to count up coins while having fun at the same time.
- Tumbletown Mathletics Your child can test his or her skills for math and fractions by playing Tumbletown Mathletics online.
- Coin Spot Game This online game teaches kids to recognize Canadian coins, after they’ve had to fun of searching for them hidden in a room!